Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sandra Parshall's "Poisoned Ground," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Poisoned Ground by Sandra Parshall.

The entry begins:
After six novels, my mental images of my protagonists, Rachel Goddard and Tom Bridger, are cemented in place. They’re unique individuals. What actors could possibly step into their roles and become them in a film?

This is one of the countless reasons most writers have no say in casting movies made from their books.

Readers, who form their own mental images of characters, don’t hesitate to offer suggestions. A surprising number of people have told me they see Rachel as Clare Danes. I’m not sure what accounts for that, but while I admire Ms. Danes enormously as an actress, she wouldn’t be my first choice. If she colored her hair auburn, I would be happy with...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Sandra Parshall's official website.

The Page 69 Test: Disturbing the Dead.

The Page 69 Test: Poisoned Ground.

My Book, The Movie: Poisoned Ground.

--Marshal Zeringue