Thursday, February 27, 2014

What is J. T. Ellison reading?

Featured at Writers Read: J. T. Ellison, author of When Shadows Fall.

Her entry begins:
I’m on deadline, so I’m looking to read books similar in tone and setting to my own, so I can be swept up in the pace and story and excitement and intensity of a thriller. I’ve just finished The English Girl by Daniel Silva, who is one of my favorite writers. I adore his Gabriel Allon books, love the depth of the characters, and I’m always...[read on]
About When Shadows Fall, from the publisher:
Dear Dr. Owens,

If you are reading this letter, I am dead and I would be most grateful if you could solve my murder…


Forensic pathologist Dr. Samantha Owens thought life was finally returning to normal after she suffered a terrible personal loss. Settling into her new job at Georgetown University, the illusion is shattered when she receives a disturbing letter from a dead man imploring her to solve his murder. There's only one catch. Timothy Savage's death was so obviously the suicide of a demented individual that the case has been closed.

When Sam learns Savage left a will requesting she autopsy his body, she feels compelled to look into the case. Sam's own postmortem discovers clear signs that Savage was indeed murdered. And she finds DNA from a child who went missing years earlier and has never been found.

The investigation takes Sam into the shadows of a twenty-year-old mystery that must be solved to determine what really happened to Timothy Savage. Nothing about the case makes sense, but it is clear someone is unwilling to let anyone, especially Samantha Owens, discover the truth.
Visit J.T. Ellison's website, or follow her on Twitter or Facebook.

Writers Read: J.T. Ellison (November 2012).

The Page 69 Test: Edge of Black.

Writers Read: J. T. Ellison.

--Marshal Zeringue