Sunday, July 07, 2013

Stephen Kiernan's "The Curiosity," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Curiosity by Stephen Kiernan.

The entry begins:
I have spent months casting The Curiosity in my imagination, ever since 20th Century Fox purchased the film rights to the novel.

Do I have any say in who is cast? No. Do I know anything about how a movie is made? No. Do either of these facts prevent me from picking the actors I want? Of course not.

Erastus Carthage is a brilliant cell scientist, ambitious and narcissistic, with major unresolved father issues. Who else but Ben Kingsley? Not the Gandhi version of him, but the character in Searching for Bobby Fisher – smart and merciless.

Kate Philo is a scientist with a conscience, which gets her into trouble but also makes her the novel’s moral centerpiece. She is clueless about her attractiveness, is fascinated by facts, and risks everything to protect a man she loves. Did you ever see Rachel...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Stephen Kiernan's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: The Curiosity.

--Marshal Zeringue