Saturday, October 06, 2012

Shelley Freydont's "Foul Play at the Fair," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Foul Play at the Fair by Shelley Freydont.

The entry begins:
I have colleagues who always imagine their books’ characters as movie or television actors. I’ve never been able to do that. When I do try to think of the perfect casting, I always seem to default to the actors of the thirties and forties. Even when they were scruffy or silly there was something steady about them. My kind of heroes —and heroines.

Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn, Myrna Loy and William Powell, Myrna Loy and Cary Grant, Myrna Loy and just about anyone. For me, she is the perfect combination of ditz, good humor and a woman who knows what she wants and how to get it.

Would I ever pattern a character with her in mind? No, I’m sure she would take over. I do keep the qualities I like about her in the back of my mind.

But if someone would like to make the series into a film today?

I would suggest Anne...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Shelley Freydont's website.

The Page 69 Test: Foul Play at the Fair.

My Book, The Movie: Foul Play at the Fair.

--Marshal Zeringue