Saturday, January 15, 2011

Matthew Gallaway's "The Metropolis Case," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Metropolis Case by Matthew Gallaway.

The entry begins:
In terms of living directors, my dream pick would be Pedro Almodóvar, because his films are filled with the kind of music, color, memory, and magical coincidence that I tried to infuse into The Metropolis Case. I also love Almodóvar's female leads, who as a rule are strong and beautiful in ways that are both conventional and not, and I would completely trust his judgment in terms of casting the female characters in my book. If I could go back in time, I would pick Luchino Visconti, whose best films also have a lush, dream-like quality that I would love to see in any visual adaptation of the novel. I also love Helmut Berger and...[read on]
Read an excerpt from The Metropolis Case, and learn more about the book and author at Matthew Gallaway's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Metropolis Case.

My Book, The Movie: The Metropolis Case.

--Marshal Zeringue