Sunday, July 18, 2010

What is Lori Handeland reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Lori Handeland, author of Shakespeare Undead.

Her entry begins:
As summer approached I kept hearing whispers about an upcoming "big" summer vampire book, The Passage. It sounded like something I would like, but when I caught a glimpse of the length (766 pages) I put the thought aside. I like to carry my books around with me and at that size, I might hurt myself!

However, I kept hearing about the book. Everything I heard, I liked. When I saw the quote from Stephen King: "It has the vividness that only epic works of fantasy and imagination can achieve. Read this book and the ordinary world disappears" I...[read on]
Among the early praise for Shakespeare Undead:
"... laugh out loud moments! ... the book is shameless fun, with a decent grounding in the Bard's work."
--Kirkus Reviews

"The legend of Shakespeare will never be the same. It's a fun read set against the streets of Elizabethan London."
--Romantic Times-4 stars

"Handeland blends Elizabethan and contemporary language skillfully ... the romance sizzles between the intriguing leads."
--Publishers Weekly
Lori Handeland has written nearly fifty novels, novellas and short stories in several genres--historical, contemporary, series and paranormal romance, as well as urban fantasy.

Visit Lori Handeland's website.

My Book, The Movie: Any Given Doomsday.

Coffee with a Canine: Lori Handeland and Elwood.

Writers Read: Lori Handeland.

--Marshal Zeringue