Sunday, February 08, 2009

Zachary Lazar's "Sway," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Sway by Zachary Lazar.

The entry begins:
A few months ago, I came across this exchange on the internet, in which Dan DeLuca, a critic at the Philadelphia Enquirer, interviews Martin Scorsese:

DeLuca: Do you know about Sway, Zachary Lazar's novel about the Stones in the '60s?

Scorsese: I have a copy of it. I haven't read it yet. I have stacks of books which I intend to read while shooting, which is impossible. [Laughs].

I could do without the [Laughs] part...[read on]
Read an excerpt and learn more about Sway at the publisher's website.

Zachary Lazar's first novel is Aaron, Approximately. He graduated from Brown University, has been a Fellow at the Provincetown Fine Arts Works Center, and received the Iowa Writers Workshops James Michener/Copernicus Society Prize.

Ann Wilson, the lead singer of Heart, called Sway "a very dark, very interesting, intense book."

Check out Lazar's playlist matching songs to the chapters in Sway.

The Page 69 Test: Sway.

My Book, The Movie: Sway.

--Marshal Zeringue