Tuesday, November 11, 2008

James Scott Bell's "Try Dying," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: James Scott Bell's Try Dying.

The entry begins:
My series featuring L.A. lawyer Ty Buchanan and the basketball playing nun, Sister Mary, has been described as "L.A. noir meets Nick and Nora at the intersection of Ellroy and Chandler." And that's fine with me, because I wanted to do contemporary suspense in a style that could have been published in 1947 (I think much of the genre these days pushes the darkness beyond "too far").

So it's no surprise that my favorite movie genre is film noir of the 40's and 50's. Especially when it takes place in Los Angeles.

In keeping with that, I'll tell you who I wish could have directed the movies made from my series--Billy Wilder. Think of the two quintessential L.A. noirs...[read on]
James Scott Bell is the author of Try Dying, Try Darkness, and the forthcoming Try Fear.

Learn more about the books and author at James Scott Bell's website.

The Page 69 Test: Try Dying.

The Page 69 Test: Try Darkness.

My Book, The Movie: Try Dying.

--Marshal Zeringue