Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"The Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: the "Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries" by Jane Cleland.

Cleland took the My Book, The Movie challenge down a new and slightly different path: she's letting you cast her adaptation ... and offering rewards to those who do the job well:
I love the idea of thinking about casting the Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries: Consigned to Death, Deadly Appraisal, and Antiques to Die For. It’s fun—and it’s relevant because I wrote Josie with one of two actresses in mind. But I’m not going to tell you who they are because I want to know the picture in your head.

Here’s my thinking: I’ll tell you about some of the repeating characters in the Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries, and you tell me which actors should play them. You submit your entries to me by July 4, 2008, and I’ll select the winners randomly from all the entries that align with my vision. The winner for each character gets a pair of Josie’s martini glasses and an autographed copy of one of the books in the series. Worth playing for? You bet! [read on]
Visit Jane Cleland's website and her blog.

Watch the Antiques to Die For trailer.

The Page 69 Test: Deadly Appraisal.

My Book, The Movie: the "Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries."

--Marshal Zeringue