Saturday, March 18, 2006

Feedback

Regarding the post on The Great Texas Novel, Gerry Haslam (who suggested Fat City as The Great California Novel) had this to say:

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who ever read The Gay Place; I really liked it.... My favorite Texas book, though, is not a novel; I favor Goodbye to a River by John Graves.

"E.S.," a Friend of the Blog who earned a graduate degree from Texas A & M, wrote in:

To me the best Texas novel is McMurtry's Lonesome Dove. The reason why it is so great is because the story is about leaving Texas which any sane person wants to do.

I'll bet you don't hear much of that kind of literary criticism at Aggie reunions.

Pete Anderson, who blogs over at www.petelit.com, suggested another contender for The Great Yooper Novel:

Ander Monson's Other Electricities. Absolutely brilliant.
Thanks for the feedback.

--Marshal Zeringue